Wednesday 10 November 2010

All's well in Poole.

It's a Wednesday afternoon, just me and Matthew in the office, and seeing as he is doing preach prep it is very quiet so I thought I might as well do an update on how everything is going.

Every time I post an update I seem to boast about how amazing the weather is...well I'm sure you are glad to here that the weather is being a bit erratic at the moment. It can't decide whether it wants to rain or not. Yesterday was especially bad. Thankfully my landlord gave me a lift into the office which was great.
I will hopefully be back on the bike within the next few days. I have not been riding for the past three or so weeks because I had a minor accident and consequently needed a new chain...AND a helmet! The parts are on the way so I look forward to cutting the journey to work by 30 minutes or so. 

On Sunday we had our first youth band meeting. This is something that I am setting up in order to get the youth leading worship in the children's work. I was very encouraged to see everyone come together, and the youth were a real encouragement to me. Leading worship was never something I really explored before I moved here, but it has been great seeing my gifting grow as I use it. People have really got around me and given me the push I need which I am thankful for. 

I shall be heading back to Winchester on the 20th-21st of November. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again and for the baptism's taking place on the 21st. After that visit, I will not be back until Christmas. 
Christmas in Poole is going to be exciting. We have our annual carol service, that I am helping to organise and run. I am also thinking of exercising my vocal chords and boosting the testosterone levels of the choir...we shall see!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment