Wednesday 20 July 2011

Newday 2011

The event that all of Newfrontiers teenagers are buzzing for is only twelve days away. I'm going as a leader this year, and I am just as excited, if not more excited than our youth.

Over the years Newday has been a massive blessing to me. It has been a week that has massively shaped the man that I now am, through my powerful encounters with God and also some of the mischief and good times that were had.

Is there anything more exciting than seeing 7000 teenagers enthusiastically praising God? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. We (Yes I include myself) are the next generation. We need to step up and take our place advancing the kingdom of God whether that be at School, College or University. We need to be radical about our relationship with God, our purity and his great mission. Newday takes on all these issues. It looks to stir up our young people to take responsibility for their relationship with God and to equip them to advance the kingdom of God.

I cannot wait! God really moved with our leaders, and I am praying that he moves just as powerfully with our young people! I will write a report on the event when we are back!

1 comment: