Friday 24 June 2011

Farewell Bristol

Those of you who have been following me for some time will know that I travel to Bristol on a fairly regular basis for Theological training. This has been richly rewarding and I cannot thank God enough what he has done, the input he has given me and the friends he has allowed me to make. 


This past week was the last time I shall be in Bristol for some time. Training is finished! Time flies! It seems like only yesterday that we were on the train there for the first time. It seems like only yesterday that I walked into a room of thirty people whom I didn't know.

Ten months on I have made some fantastic friendships. One thing that stood out about our group was the unity. Usually when you bring thirty people together cleaks are formed. Not with our group! It was beautiful! 



We were extremely blessed to be looked after by two fantastic men of God. Simon Walker and Jonathon Bradshaw do a fantastic job of organising all our sessions, arranging brilliant socials (Boat trips included) and generally getting along side us throughout the year. We have been blessed by their service.


Brothers and sisters from the Bristol base, it has been a pleasure sharing this experience with you. We have been through a lot and I thank God for being faithful to us all. It seems fitting to end this post with a prayer. 


Father, I thank you for your faithfulness to us all this year. I want to ask for your blessing upon my brothers and sisters as we all move on to our next phase of life. Lord, I thank you for what you have done with us this year and I pray that we would all continue to mature and grow in you. Would this year just be the start of a life sold out for you, living every day for your glory. I pray for protection in whatever you have for us next. May we never lose sight of you! (Psalm 19:14) Let the words of our mouths and the meditation of our hearts be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, our rock and our redeemer. All for Jesus AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment