Friday 11 February 2011

Kingdom, Creation & the local church

Another training block gone, and I'm left wanting more! We travelled back from Bristol yesterday after having yet another fantastic time away. It's always great meeting with the other Impacters from the South & South-West region and hearing about all that God is doing with them.

Approaching the three days I was excited however rather curious as to how I would fare with taking in the subject matter, as we were going to be hitting three substantially heavy and tough subjects. The kingdom of God, Genesis 1-3 (Creation) & the Local Church. We are always extremely blessed by those that give a day to train us, as well as put in the hard hours of research and preparation.

John Groves came and took us through the Kingdom of God. He did so brilliantly and really ignited a passion in us as a group to see the Kingdom extend to and reach the ends of the earth. Often there is confusion on whether the kingdom is here now and what we can expect because of that. John used the demonstration of D-Day being the beginning of the end in the 2nd world war. This was very helpful!


On the second day, creation was the topic. Now, I had been looking forward to this one a lot because it is an area that I take a lot of interest in. We were served fantastically, working our way through 44 pages of notes! We explored whether the world was created in a literal six days or whether it was six periods of time. We also explored evolution and even got to argue from an atheistic point of view which was an interesting experience.


Newfrontiers is very passionate about the global church, but is also equally passionate about the local church. The two main points that we looked at were...
  • The make up - What is the church?
  • The meaning - What is the purpose of the church?
 Personally, I thought I had a passion for the local church which I would say I did but I was not passionate enough. Even throughout the day I could feel my passion growing, and it is very exciting to be caught up in all God is doing through the local church! 


One last thing! I would really recommend FP Impact to anyone who wants to increase in their passion, understanding and relationship with God. I'm only half way through the year and God is already working big time with me, and I know he is doing the same with all the others. Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment